DescriptionsmartChord calculates, shows and plays much more than 1.000.000.000 chords and fingerings: for different instruments, for predefined tunings, for custom tunings, from 3 to 8 strings, from the first to the last fret, for beginners and experts, with capo, for right- or left-handed users, ... and (hopefully:) fulfills all your wishes.
smartChord provides you also scales, a chromatic tuner, metronome, pitch pipe,ear training quiz, transposing slide ruler, tone generator, timer, flashlight and as a new feature: Playground :-)
It's worth a try and useful for every musician! Promised!!!
Ultimate chord reference:
* Dictionary with > 220 types of chords
* Possibility of expansion of each of the chords to a 'slash chord'
* Support of guitar, bass, banjo, balalaika, bouzouki, cavaquinho, mandocello, mandolin and ukulele with specific settings for each of them
* Choice between more than 200 predefined tunings (e.g. DADGAD or mandola)
* Possibility of defining an individual custom tuning for each instrument
* Calculation of the possibilities for playing a chord: there are billions!
* Knowledge of the chords also when using a capo
* Support for instruments with shortened strings (e.g. 5 string Banjo)
* Browser/explorer for comfortable navigation
* Consideration of the playing strength (basic, advanced, expert) and the instrument
* Individual adjustment for almost everthing. For example:
- Showing of barré-chords
- Showing of muted chords
- Changing the number of the frets of the instrument
- Changing the number of the frets one can span with his fingers
- Base tone obligatory for chord
* Viewer for the grips:
- In detail, in the gallery or all the fingerings in the overview
- Limited to a range of the fretboard
- Notes of the chord or of the whole fretboard
- For right- or left-handed (lefties) users
* For the overview:
- Clear charts and diagrams
- Determination of own favourites
- Filter chords: all, just basic, just favourites
- Sorting of fingerings according to best sound, level of difficulty, placement on the fretboard, number of the required fingers
* audio playback of every chord and every fingering. The sound can be chosen. E.g. classic-, acoustic-, electric-guitar, ...
Precise tuning of the instrument with the chromatic tuner:
Analysis of the tone and visualisation in different ways. Showing of
- the recognized note and octave,
- the frequency of the played note, as well as the target frequency,
- a scale with colours, showing to what extent the right tone is stroked,
By option, vibration of the smartphone if the pitch is met.
Scales for your improvisation
* Display of different scales (e.g. Major, Dorian, Pentatonic, Chromatic) for every keynote
* Shows the musical notation with formula
* Plays the scales
* Play the scales yourself on the fretboard
Metronome for the perfection of the timing:
* Speed trainer
* Precise up to 300 bpm
* Optically, acoustically, vibration
* Choice between 60 different MIDI sounds
Training of the musical ear:
* Learning how to distinguish between all notes of the scale and arbitrary chords
* Decision which notes or chords one wants to train
* Checking of the recognition rate in the aural training by a statistic
* A wide range of instruments to play the notes (about 80 instruments)
* Choice in which octave the note shall be played in the game
A 'playground' (not really a virtual instrument) to play, hear and compare different chords and fingerings.
Transposing slide ruler to transpose music from one key to another.
Pitch pipe for tuning the instrument. This is also a very good aural training.
Audio signal generator:
Exact with the frequency range from 0.01 Hz to 19,999.99 kHz. For:
* Tuning the instrument, generating exact references tones with the synthesizer
* Testing of the hearing, the bandwidth of headphones and speakers or other audio or studios equipement
Flashlight for the next campfire
Timer to control the practising time
Absolutely free, no advertising!!!