NOTE: if you experience errors trying to download our app, see pleco.com/android for other download options. Pleco is the ultimate Chinese learning companion - an integrated Chinese English dictionary / document reader / flashcard system with ...Plus
NOTE: if you experience errors trying to download our app, see pleco.com/android for other download options.
Pleco is the ultimate Chinese learning companion - an integrated Chinese English dictionary / document reader / flashcard system with fullscreen handwriting input and live camera-based character lookups, from a company with 15 years' experience making mobile Chinese learning software.
Major features: ($ = paid add-on)
• Great dictionaries: the free app comes with two dictionaries - CC-CEDICT and our in-house PLC dictionary - which together cover 130,000 Chinese words and include 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin. We offer 8 more free dictionaries as optional downloads, including a 22,000-entry Cantonese-English dictionary, and 19 other great dictionaries are available as paid upgrades. ($)
• Handwriting input: lookup unknown characters by drawing them, with a best-in-class recognition engine. (basic version free, enhanced version $)
• Live Optical Character Recognizer (OCR): look up Chinese words in the dictionary simply by pointing your device's camera at them, or by scrolling around a still image. ($)
• Screen Reader/OCR: instantly tap-lookup Chinese words in other apps through a floating interface; works on Android 4.1 and later. Especially useful in chat apps like WeChat. (reader free, OCR $)
• Flashcard System: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced techniques like SRS (spaced repetition), and study in a variety of modes including fill-in-the-blanks and tone drills. (simple version free, full-featured $)
• Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear male + female native-speaker audio for Chinese dictionary headwords; recordings available for over 34,000 words. (stitched-syllable free, multi-syllable $) Or listen to example sentences with text-to-speech (system TTS free, enhanced $).
• Powerful search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces/tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search.
• Cross-referencing: tap on any Chinese character / word in any dictionary entry to bring up its definition.
• Voice Recognition: look up words by speaking them into your device's microphone.
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw each Chinese character; over 20,000 characters are covered. ($)
• Document Reader: open a Chinese-language text or PDF file and look up unknown words in the dictionary simply by tapping on them. ($) You can also look up characters on web pages through "Share" and in other documents through the clipboard. (free)
• Mainland- and Taiwan-friendly: supports traditional and simplified characters (in dictionary definitions, stroke order, search, OCR, and handwriting), and supports Zhuyin (with ruby support) as well as Pinyin for pronunciation display.
• Cantonese: display headwords + perform searches in Jyutping/Yale romanization. We also offer Cantonese dictionary and Cantonese audio add-ons. (some $)
• No ads: we won't even nag you about buying add-ons.
We also offer excellent customer support - send us an email and see for yourself - and an active user community at plecoforums.com.
We've been making Chinese dictionary apps since 2000, and our sales and customer base have been steadily growing for 15 years across four different platforms. We take good care of our longtime users: people who bought a dictionary on a Palm Pilot in 2001 can still use that dictionary on a new Android phone in 2015 without even paying an upgrade fee. You can be confident we'll be fixing bugs and adding features for many years to come.
Paid add-ons can be moved to a new device like any other paid app; just open our free app on your new device and they should reactivate.
If you already own Pleco on another OS, see pleco.com/android for migration options.
Questions sur les applications
Avez-vous une question sur cette application ?
Détails de l'application
ACTUALISÉE LE: 29 avr. 2016
DIMENSIONS : Change avec l'appareil
INSTALLATIONS: 1 000 000 - 5 000 000
DERNIÈRE VERSION: Change avec l'appareil
VERSION ANDROIDChange avec l'appareil
Modifier/effacer le contenu de la carte SD
Permet à une application d'écrire sur la carte SD.
Lire et identifier le statut du téléphone
Permet à une application d'accéder aux fonctions téléphoniques de l'appareil. Une application avec cette permission pourra entre autres déterminer quel numéro est utilisé, le numéro de série de l'appareil, si un appel est actif ou quel numéra est appelé.
CONTR&OCIRC;LE DU MAT&EACUTE;RIEL
Prendre des photos
Autorise une application à prendre des photos. Cela permet à l'application de compiler à tous moments des images prises par l'appareil photo.
R&EACUTE;SEAU DE COMMUNICATION
Accès internet complet
Permet à une application de créer des sockets réseau.
Afficher l'état du réseau
Permet à une application d'afficher l'état de tous les réseaux.
Désactiver le mode veille
Permet à une application de désactiver le mode veille